CFMA's Education Portal, Digitell/BroadcastMed, is currently experiencing an outage. We are working hard to get the site back up and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Construction Project Performance Forecasting
Dec 14, 2022 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, December 14-15, 2022
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
Shift your thinking from traditional project accounting steps to true project performance forecasting; your accounting knowledge with project forecasting techniques and tools to create an impact on your firm’s construction project success.
This course will guide you in creating an effective project forecast that incorporates key performance indicators (KPIs), identifies potential risks, and implements best practices that will strengthen job performance. You’ll also be challenged to use tools outside of accounting — including project estimates, project schedules, person hours, equipment utilization, and more — and will review a variety of construction project forecasting examples and dashboard models.
This is also an opportunity for project leaders to expand their field team members’ understanding of project expectations and KPIs along with the importance of communicating decisions and progress relative to those indicators. All attendees will receive forecasting templates and examples to adapt their own projects.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the essential elements in construction project forecasting
- Develop expectations for project performance using schedule, estimate, budget, and project management tools
- Recognize how to expand your role to become an integral part of the project team’s success
- Establish KPIs to be used as a measurement of project success and include potential contract and/or performance risks warning signs
- Implement best practices along the path of the project, such as kick-off meetings, update/progress reports, and debrief lessons learned
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-live program at the Intermediate Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation is required.
Earn 4 CPE credits in the field of Specialized Knowledge.
CPE credit can only be earned by attending the live session and is not available by watching the recording.
Who Should Attend?
- Construction company owners
- CCIFP candidates
- Surety industry professionals
- Other construction financial professionals
- $150 for CFMA Members
- $209 for Non-Members