For Immediate Release:
April 9, 2021
Contact: Samantha Lake
Princeton, NJ — Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), the only non-profit organization dedicated to serving the educational needs of today’s construction financial professionals, announces the honorees of the first 40 Under 40 program, which recognizes the next generation of construction financial management leaders.
“As CFMA celebrates 40 years, we wanted to take this opportunity to recognize the best and the brightest from the next generation of construction financial management leaders. In February 2021, we asked members to submit nominations for amazing people under the age of 40 who are rising stars, positively impacting the construction industry and their companies. We received more than 115 submissions, which demonstrates the abundance of young talent within CFMA,” stated Samantha Lake, CFMA’s Vice President of Marketing.
“As a first-time program, it was wonderful to see the response from our members who wanted to recognize these talented individuals,” said Pam Hepburn, CCIFP, CFMA’s 2021-22 Chairman. “Their diverse experiences and commitment to their work and the construction industry illustrates that our profession is in good hands and our future is bright with these professionals at the helm. Congratulations to this year’s inspiring class of 40 Under 40 honorees.”
The 2021 40 Under 40 Honorees
- Yvette N. Aubin, CPA, CMA, CGMA, CCIFP, CFO, Ebsary Foundation Company
- Kristin Bailey, CPA, CCIFP, CCA, Principal, KatzAbosch
- Mark P. Barnett, Jr., CPA, CVA, CGMA, CCIFP, MBA, Partner and Construction Industry Team Leader, AdamsBrown, LLC
- Lindsey Benson, CPA, CCIFP, Audit Senior Manager, CBIZ & Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.
- Adam Carper, CPA, CFO, DCI Group, Inc.
- Matt Cash, CPA, CCIFP, Director, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Elizabeth P. Cervini, Director of Surety Operations, Rosenberg & Parker
- Chris Chumbley, Controller, Hahn Ready Mix Co.
- Kevin Clary, CFO, Hyder Construction Inc.
- Brad Collins, CCIFP, Division Controller, Barrett Industries
- Kyle K. Cook, CPA, CCIFP, CIT, Partner, Hannis T. Bourgeois, LLP
- Amanda Corona, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Bonadio & Co., LLP
- Christopher Cowan, CPA, CCIFP, Senior Manager, CohnReznick LLP
- Paul Crandall, CFO, Catamount Constructors, Inc.
- Adam Dimmick, Audit Partner and Department Chair, Briggs & Veselka, Co.
- Chris Galbraith, CFO, North Branch Construction
- Christian Geismann, CPA, CFO, Schuchart
- Arin Gonseth, CPA, CCIFP, CFO, Journey Group Companies
- CJ Harney, CMA, Equipment Finance Leader, Cianbro Corporation
- Kevin Jacobs, CPA, Partner, Moss Adams
- Dan Kraft, CPA, CCIFP, Shareholder, VonLehman CPA & Advisory Firm
- Rebekah B. Kuller, CPA, CCIFP, Senior Vice President – Finance, Nielsen Builders, Inc.
- Daniel Kurek, CCIFP, Acting CFO, Chaney Enterprises LP
- Zach Lang, CPA, Controller, McCownGordon Construction
- T. Gaines Moorer, Vice President, Lakeview Risk Partners, LLC
- Brittany Owen, CPA, Principal, Elliott Davis
- Ben Pechan, CPA, CCIFP, CFO, J.H. Findorff & Son, Inc.
- Billy Robinson, CPA, CCIFP, Partner and Firm Coordinator of Construction Services, Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
- Brandon Spears, CPA, CCIFP, CFO, Wayne Brothers Companies
- Steven K. Spradlin, CCIFP, Internal Audit Manager, Austin Industries
- Daniel Stanhope, Partner, AAFCPAs, Inc.
- Marshall Stein, CPA, Shareholder & Construction Group Leader, Elliott Davis
- Victor Sturgis, CPA, CCIFP, Tax Senior Manager/Racial Equity Fellow, Crowe LLP
- Victoria Terrell, Treasurer, Design Electric Inc.
- Adam Tillman, CPA, Shareholder – Market Leader, BerganKDV
- Joel Van Egdom, CPA, CCIFP, CFO, Interstates, Inc.
- Hank Vincent, CPA, CCIFP, CRIS, CFO, Sloan Security Group
- Sarah Vlasblom, CPA, CCIFP, Director of Operations – Audit, Beene Garter LLP
- Hope H. Voigt, CPA, MBA, CCIFP, COO, Tweet/Garot Mechanical
- Owen J. Wyss, CPA, CFO, Complete General Construction Company
A panel of eight CFMA volunteer judges evaluated and selected the honorees; a special thank you to those judges:
- Kevin Booth, CCIFP, WestCor Companies
- Joe Buckley, Director, Finance-Materials, Allan Myers
- Elaine J. Ervin, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
- Kelli Franco, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
- Jen Haub, CCIFP, Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, Pepper Construction Group
- Bryce McDermott, CPA, CCIFP, CFO, Branco Enterprises, Inc.
- Doug Smith, Senior VP of Finance, Vecellio Group, Inc.
- Michael Viens, CCIFP, Director, Tax Strategies Group, Kreischer Miller
The winners will be honored in a special 40 Under 40 booklet that will be mailed with the May/June issue of CFMA Building Profits, throughout the year on social media, and on www.cfma.org/40under40.
Founded in 1981 – celebrating its 40th anniversary this year – and headquartered in Princeton, NJ, CFMA is an individual membership organization and the only association dedicated to bringing together construction financial professionals and those partners serving their unique needs. CFMA provides invaluable resources and education to its more than 8,300 members and 99 chapters across North America. In cooperation with the Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (CCIFP) division, formally known as ICCIFP which merged with CFMA on April 1, 2021, CFMA promotes industry best practices and continuing education in support of its mission: To be essential to the growth and success of construction financial professionals. Visit www.cfma.org for more information.